21 Free ways to improve your life
- Open the windows, get outside – in other words get some fresh air!
- Smile at someone –including yourself
- take a deep belly breath
- Laugh, I mean really laugh at something( find something funny on YouTube or Pinterest )
- Hug someone
- Respond to the prompt: what if?…
- Read something inspiring (go to the library, look at sites or blogs online)
- Learn something new, a word, a craft, a recipe, a way to look at things. Go on YouTube or any other number of sites that have free ways to learn!
- Create a playlist of songs that speak to your soul, your playful side, your goals or dreams
- Spread the word about a cause
- Seek inspiration
- Ask yourself what you really need to feel nourished right now
- Stay hydrated
- Be Grateful
- Do mirror affirmations – my favorite being looking in the mirror into your own eyes and name 1-2 things that you appreciate about yourself at that moment. It can be physical, mental, situational. If this feels way way to out of your comfort zone at the moment then name the appreciation without looking at the mirror for now.
- Start to let go of things that no longer serve you. Start with an area like your book shelf- if it feels like should… Get rid of it (donate, repurpose doesn’t matter just get it off of there!)
- Get out in Nature. Doesn’t matter where you live you can still find a tree or flowers, look up at the clouds, get your feet in grass.. Just connect with nature somehow!
- Learn to listen, really listen. To yourself, to others, to your body. This can start with a deep breath and a moment to slow down and tune in.
- Ask for what you need. Sometimes that request is to ourselves sometimes to those around us. I know from personal experience and not the easy way that we do not always get what we ask for from others. But we at the very “least” have honored ourselves in the asking.
- Play, there are many ways to play for free. Get outside and play tag, get your hands messy with dirt, ingredient’s , paint, play I spy!
- Seek the Extraordinary in the seemingly ordinary. Through your words, lens or any other way you can soak it in!
Here is to living Inspired, Creative and Empowered