It’s all too easy to get caught up in the busy energy of everyday life and to simply stop noticing or actively connecting to our simple pleasures. This month I will be doing a mini series on just that.. inviting more simple pleasures into your life.
- Get fresh flowers for yourself, stop waiting for someone else to buy them and grab a bunch or a beautiful single one for yourself and put it somewhere you will see it throughout the day.
- Carve out 10-30 minutes to just sit and read, for the pure joy of it.
- Put on a song or 3 that you love, and really listen to it.. Instead of letting it just be in the background while you do the zillion other things you need to do.
- Sit outside and just close your eyes, let the breeze or brisk air touch your face, feel the warmth of the sun (if there is any!) on your body
- Sit with a cup of tea (or other beverage you really love) and give yourself at least a few minutes to just savor it. Feel the temperature, really taste it. feel the shape of the mug in your hands.
- Put on a favorite accessory, item of clothing or something along those lines.. don’t wait for that special occasion life is one.. wear it now (even if you are “just” hanging out at home!)
Here is to living Inspired, Creative and Empowered