Hey Inspiring Souls!
I know that for many of the people I have interacted with in my groups and life in general one thing that I think stops us from engaging in self-care is that we feel that we need to carve out an hour, hours or a day to really engage in it.
While I really really encourage you to consider doing that on a regular even if not super frequent basis. I am a huge advocate of self-care that is time friendly.
Here are some ideas..
- Take a deep, deep breath.. inhale and then let it out with a sigh..
- Set a time for 1-5 minutes and just brain dump.. what’s on your mind and heart?
- Put on something that makes you feel like you, don’t wait for a special occasion (we are in one, it’s called life!) even if you are staying in for the day or not going anywhere “exciting” rock something that feels like you. Not sure what does? Experiment a little!
- Grab a glass of water, staying hydrated is so important but we often neglect it. I personally like to add a little lemon to mine every now and again!
- Listen to a favorite song, close your eyes and soak it in. Or depending on the song.. belt out the lyrics (even if it’s off key and not all the right words) along with the song!
Here is to living Inspired, Creative and Empowered