Hey Lovely Souls!
There is SO much heavy stuff happening all over the world these days. It’s really easy to feel like no matter what we do it just won’t make a difference. But it does.
There are many ways to be able to make a difference, stand up for what you believe in and be a part of a solution. It’s going to be different for all of us. However one thing we can do that is really simple, but matters a lot is to be kinder. Kindness is just one of the ways that we can bring a different energy to the situation.
Here are 5 ways to spread some kindness:
- Smile at people, this cost nothing except a little bit of our awareness. It can shift the energy of yourself and the one you are smiling at. Even if you don’t think your are getting a smile in return.
- Listen, we lead full lives. It often feels easier to multitask our interactions. It’s really powerful to simply and deeply listen to what is being said.
- Notice. Notice something positive about someone else. And tell them what you noticed. Let it be sincere though, don’t just compliment to compliment have some truth or understanding within it. The energy of that is different than if you just say something “nice” to say it.
- Be a support to someone else. This can look different for each of us and for each interaction. Maybe it’s spreading the word about someone’s work you love, someone who is participating in a fundraiser of some kind, picking up a little feel good gift, helping them brainstorm some ideas.
- Look others in the eyes, with so many of us tethered to our devices these days it’s easy to think the world lives inside rectangles of all sizes 🙂 make eye contact with those around you. Loved ones and strangers alike. We all truly just want to be seen. Give someone the gift of that, if even for a moment.
Here is to living Inspired, Creative and Empowered