Hey Beautiful Souls!
Over in this part of the world it’s Summer solstice today. I feel a bit in shock that we are actually talking about summer already! Each season it’s easy to have big plans and then not check many of them off. (hello Spring list) This summer I would like to do things differently! Here are 15 ways to savor summer.
- Open windows and blinds, let some sunshine in!
- Go to the farmers market, fairs visit the local goodness you have around you.
- Create a summer photo series: You can make it themed in so many ways. Mornings, light, by color, general snapshots of your day, nature.
- Clear some space: In your schedule, in your surroundings, choose a select number if items to pare down to for a set number of days (the entire summer, a week, a month etc) This could be art supplies, clothing, projects etc.
- Choose a book or three to read. Make it something you really want to read no shoulding on yourself!
- Get some sidewalk chalk and play (this works if you have kids or not!) Put tic tac toe, hopscotch (note to self, be mindful of your knees lol) write out sayings or words and photograph them (bonus for doing a where I stand foot shot with them!)
- Start a new journal (sometimes we just feel we want a fresh start so start a new one, you can always go back to the one you might be sort of using now, or not!)
- Blow bubbles, let it be a meditation to you, just watch them as they float around or if you are feeling energetic chase them down!
- Lighten up: Eat lighter food (experiment with salads) , get a haircut or play with the color, wear breezy layers, add some fun color or pattern to your current wardrobe, change around your linens a bit. This list could go on and on!
- Look up what fruits and veggies are in season and add those into your meals more, sit and savor the sun (safely of course)
- Choose a project to start and finish.
- Create a summer playlist
- Create a holistic first aid kit (but make it for prevention and solutions so essential oils, ointments, sunscreen, aloe etc. )
- Plan something, maybe it’s a summer stay-cation, road trip, a trip you want to take. Spend some time planning (and if you can following through on that plan)
- Notice, if you were to take nothing else except for this one from this list that would be a beautiful way to savor your summer. Notice the sounds, the laughter, the creative chaos, the breezes, the flowers and fruits of the season. Simply notice the goodness and even the struggles that are surrounding you. Open yourself to what they have to teach you.
What’s on your summer bucket list?
Here is to living Inspired, Creative and Empowered