15 mini life edits
Hey Lovely Souls!
For some reason I love the idea of a life edit, but editing and overhauling everything isn’t likely or realistic. (not to mention it’s overwhelming!)
So I created a list of 15 ways to create little min life edits for yourself. These are all fairly simple (and not too time consuming) ways to add what would help support you and subtract what isn’t.
- Clean out your purse/bag/wallet -Only put back in what is needed, deal with the rest (put it away, throw it away etc..)
- .Create a yes stack of books!
- Delete apps you never use.
- Turn off notifications that distract you and suck you into the vortex!
- Get/Use a reusable water bottle to be a constant reminder to hydrate.
- Unsubscribe from emails that you always delete anyway (or that just make you feel bad, obligated or any type of should feeling… )
- Put your creative supplies (some of them) out in a place where you will see them daily.
- Write down your ideas (use a notes app on your phone or carry a notebook with you)
- Choose the books you want to read each month and write them down. I have so many books. I constantly say I want to read more.. and yet I don’t. Part of that is because I have not intentionally selected what I want to be reading.
- Remove (when you can) the items from your space that derail what you say you want. (example: You want to eat healthier but all you have around is junk food… not helpful to eating healthier is it?!)
- Add in the items (where you can) that support what you want. (going with the example above, add in fruits, veggies or less processed stuff) But this can go for all sorts of items!
- Set up reminders on your phone to hydrate, take a deep breath, to check in with yourself.
- Get rid of the books and magazines that feel like shoulds (I should learn this, be this way or read/use it because I paid so much…) Sell or give them away. Let what feels like an obligation be a blessing to someone else.
- Automate what you can where you can. Bills, supplies… you always get. This isn’t about being on autopilot it’s about making things easier, less stressful.
- Make a list of go to’s.. .Menu, grocery items, self care practices… It can be a great tool to check in with when you are trying to engage in those things. Instead of always trying to come up with something new or off the top of your head. You have your sort of master list of… to pull from.
Here is to living with Intention