5 Things to stop beating yourself up about
1) Collecting books. Unless you are blowing your budget or pushing out your family members to house the books then I don’t see too much of a problem. If you’re like me at some point you’ll decide to stop beating yourself up about it and give yourself permission to surround yourself with stacks of goodness and potential. Just be mindful if you start feeling like those stacks are an obligation and not opportunity
2) For not doing enough. Oh boy, this is a difficult one for me! There is often much to do, sometimes we are filling the space with things that we feel like we should be doing. No matter how much we get done. It never feels like enough. What you are doing is enough, in fact, it would be awesome for you to make notes sometimes about all the ways you are rocking it, showing up, getting it done!
3) For not being the perfect___ (spouse, partner, employee, parent) Look, if you are showing up (as opposed to avoiding) there are bound to be some mistakes, some things you wish you had done, that you wish you hadn’t done or said or… So forgive yourself, learn from it, move forward.
4) Your contradictions: I don’t know about you (though I suspect many of you feel the same way) But sometimes I feel like I confuse myself. It’s not just my emotions that feel like they conflict with one another, it’s other things about me too. (Ready and Afraid at once, Introvert and outspoken advocate) Those are just a very few of some of the contradictions I feel like I possess. I think that we can embrace them instead of beating ourselves up about them) own it, use it and appreciate the ways that your contradictions support you! You don’t have to be an either or.
5) Not having it all together, all figured out. Because really, who does?! It may seem like some people really do have the secret (whatever that is) but we forget that what we see of others (most especially on Social Media and the like) is curated. It’s meant to show you the parts that they most want to show you (and I am not saying that this is bad, not at all. I am saying it’s not a complete picture). Some things we are figuring out as we go along day by day. Other times we have learned some lessons and hey we might have some of it figured out… for now!