Hey Lovely Souls
These are really scary and anxiety inducing times. I have received my own share of “use this time to be productive and learn a new language” If that’s what feels right to you, you do you! However for many of us it’s an ebb and flow of emotions, focus and energy. So these are ideas to help support you and to focus on what you can control.
- Take a deep breath with your hand on your heart
- Make the bed
- Open the blinds/curtains and if you weather permits windows
- Hydrate, have some at the ready for you through the day. Set a timer to remind you through the day.
- Grab a notebook and start filling it with whatever is on your mind and heart. (Anything goes, clippings, venting, fears, gratitude, wish lists)
- Check in with your body a few times a day. Where are you holding your tension, your fear?
- Ask yourself what you need in this moment
- Be mindful of what and how often you are consuming the news and social media
- Move your body… it is healthy mind body and soul. Also it helps channel some of that anxious energy many of us have.
- Engage in your basics of self care, your foundations. (maybe that’s some of the above) like brushing your teeth, hair and showering
- Savor something that nourishes you ( a song, cuppa, shower, meal)
- Blitz areas that are bugging you but feel too overwhelming to full complete (blitzes are 5-20 minute “bursts” of cleaning, creating, decluttering etc)
- Get dressed. I find it helps the mood, even if we are just inside or taking the dog for a stroll.
- Allow yourself to just be. To honor what you are feeling for that moment in that day. So often we want to shove the feelings away and fix it. (if it’s too overwhelming, please seek help and call a crisis hotline)
- If possible create tiny spaces of calm, comfort etc around you. Maybe it’s an essential oil, journal, book, throw, image or word that fulfills that. You don’t need much space to make this happen.
Above all, be kind and gentle with yourself. These are trying times and we can’t expect the same of ourselves that we have always done because life simply isn’t what it used to be.
Here is to living with intention